Thursday, March 17, 2016

18" American Girl Doll DIY Bunk bed, IKEA Hack



I made the American Girl doll bunk bed from an IKEA wooden crate.


I removed the middle two cross pieces and one from the back. I used a pry bar to separate the glue and nails. The wood is fragile so use caution. As you can see, the glue took out a chunk of wood on the face of the upright support. I may fill it with wood putty, I may not :-)  I took the three pieces and glued them under the top supports. I used gorilla glue and a little piece of wood. This was my first time gluing wood and I didn't want to wait for my husband to come home. Needless to say,  it didn't come out very pretty but it holds and it is hidden.


For the bedding, I used unused pillow shams so the total cost of the bunk bed was $10.

Thanks,
Julianne



No comments:

Post a Comment